Stars Edge Redux
Modules are the individual missions prepared for the characters. Many of these are inspired by TSR’s classic Star Frontiers campaign and are a homage to it.
- Ship Down!
- Planet of Mystery: Volturnus: a barren hostile world. When pirates attack and strand you here, your luck, skill, and the help of a native race enables you to survive.
Now the Kurabanda, a mysterious tree dwelling race, are your only hope of finding the lost probe you seek. On this planet of mystery and danger, survival itself is doubtful. Are you equal to the challenge that lies ahead?
- Starspawn: Since you crash landed here, Volturnus has been a planet of constant surprise and peril. You defeated the Star Devil pirates and amde contact with four intelligent native races. Your adventures with them made it clear that these aliens coudl be valuable allies… If they manage to survive.
An vicious alien race are on their way to Volturnus with a fleet powerful enough to destroy all life on the palnet. The survival of the planet is in your hands. You must organize the defenses and unite the races of this world, then lead them into battle against the enemy. The oucome will be victory or death, for an entire world!
Two weeks to save everyone…
- Sundown on Starmist: Starmist! A new planet, discovered by a merhcant ship with a faulty FTL drive. A Planet whose surface is a frozen waste crossed by giant canyons kilometers deep. In those canyons are air, water, life, and above all: Mystery.
After an emergency landing on starmist, Maximillian second officer of the VSS Centipede, stumbled upon a puzzling clue. While his fellow crewmen repaired the drive on their ship, Max made tentative contact with the humanoids called heliopes who live on Starmist.
The Heliopes are members of a primitive, nomadic culture. There is a single village among these nomadic tribes. A village whose peopel display far more advanced worksmanship than the should ahve. And in the center of the village is a massive pyramid and an entire complex of buildings on a platform above the river.
What did Max find that made him eager to hire you to join him in returnign to Starmist? What secret gave Max visions of wealth and brought you all to this golden rift and the promise of danger?
- Mission to Alcazzar: You press against the steel hatch as the explorer bounds up the river bank and out of the water. Over the roar of the engines comes the whine of something else. Quickly you scan the horizon. At first the plain seems empty. Then you see them…
“Bandits at 11 o’clock! Three of them!” you shout into your transmitter. Instantly the driver slams the heavy explorer in reverse, backing down the rivers bank for cover. The rear door bursts open as Roston dashes out to set up a heavy laser. Harradd follows right behind carrying spare powerpacks. Already someone is handing you extra ammo.
You fire on the lead vehicle as a shell streaks past you, exploding into the river and spraying steam into the air.
You came to Alcazzar on a tough mission; and it just got tougher.
- Bugs in the System: “Venturi is a gas giant, a huge ball of gas that tried to be a star and never made it. Now it just moans, grumbles, and throws out magentic storms once in awhile. The atmosphere would suffocate you except that you’d probably freeze first or be torn apart by more than one hundred mph winds. You can’t even land there because it hasn’t got a surface you can find.
But we didn’t let that stop us. Not while there were valuable chemicals swirling around in that ball of gas. That’s where the Jetson extraction platform comes in. It bobs around like a cork in the upper atmosphere sucking up gas and distilling out the good stuff. Troubel is, somethign went wrong down there. We don’t know what yet, but it’s already cost eight crewmen.
Are you sure you want this job?”
- Darkside of the Moon: “Today distinguished scientist Dr. Jace Legrange recieved the Fulborn-McCoy prize for pioneering work in bioengineering.
The Ceremony was held before an invited audience of reknowned academics. However it was nto without a hiff of scandal. Reliable sources close to the awards commitee hinted that undue uinfluence had been brought to sway the decision to reward the Doctor. A unofficial spokesperson for the doctor said the allegatiosn were unfounded and not worthy of serious consideration.
While it was being broadcast the transmission suffered several technical problems. Which may have been for the best as the doctor spoke out against the central government. Unfortunately a power failure interrupted further broadcasts.”
- Dramune Run: Dramune! A system fo conflict on the edge of the Frontier. It’s two life bearing planets stand poised on opposite sides of an uneasy peace. Only the thin leash of one planet’s idealism prevents war. Far across the galaxy, a dying captain carries an explosive secret. In this freighter he hides a curious cargo. A cargo that will snap the leash preserving Dramune’s peace.
The captain has one last wish: to find a new crew that will help him get his secret home. He has oen great obstacle: a notorious crime czar with a troop of slimy thigs. The odds are against the captain and his new crew, but together they must make this final voyage.
- Mutiny on the Eleanor Moraes: Sitting in a burned out clearing, the survey ship eleanor Moraes looks just as she did 45 hours ago. However now most of the crew lies positioned in the thick alien brush aroudn the clearing, silent and unsen. They are all tough and resourceful experts in their fields.
Onboard is the first officer, a skilled and determined explorer. He is also a ruthless mutineer. He alone controls the ships weapons and defenses. He has jsut started the prelaunch sequence. Within an hour the ship will lift off, stranding your entire expedition and chances of rescue will be slim.
Can you retake the ship? Or will you live out your lives on this hostile alien planet?
- Face of the Enemy: Years have passed since the alien war on Volturnus, but raids and infiltrators have continued. There has never been an oppurtunity to lean much about this wily and elusive foe… Until now.
Courageous volunteers are needed to carry the fight against the aliens at the edge of the unknown. The prize is a alien base and perhaps a live prisoner. However, the smallest mistake will probably destroy the strike force. A calculated risk, but well worth it is successful.
- The War Machine: As far as you know, no one has ever before captured a intact alien spaceship. You had one until it blew itself up, which makes you valuable to the central government.
Clues from the starship hinted that the aliens have a base in FS 30, an unexplored system beyond the frontier. The government wants it checked out and wants you to do the checking.
The troubel starts as soon as you arrive: fighter patrols, ravaged planets, mysetrious messages, and slave camps are unmistakable callign cards of these aliens. Their war machine must be stopped at all costs. Does that include you?
- Assault on Starship Omicron: Starship Omicron, a genesis class starship from the Exodus, was recently discovered drifting in space on the edge of a new colony system. Someone needs to go onboard to find out what happened and you have been volunteered.
|Abbrev.||Star Frontiers term||GURPS term|
|ATT||Creature’s Attack score||Attack! skill|
|DM||Damage per successful attack||Avg Damage|
|RW||Ranged Weapon Attack score||Ranged! skill|
|M||Melee score||melee! skill|